Cross your fingers but just in case…
Do we really play rain or shine? YES
Biddy Sports does play rain or shine, unless there is lightning, so we hope you will make it even if it drizzles. And hopefully it won’t actually rain.
Here are some tips. Besides an umbrella and rain coats, bring a towel to wrap your child in when they are done, extra shoes for them and a bag to put the wet ones in when you get to the car. The worst part is wet feet/shoes. If it is really wet, we skip the warm up and shorten the game. The kids have a blast and the parents tend to grumble a little, but fun is had.
A bunch of folks stepped up and we have a full league of 8 teams. THANKS!
Scott Davis is the Brentwoood Biddy Sports staff; be sure to say hello and he is the one to go to with any questions on Saturdays.
- All teams play at 9 – 10am starting this Saturday September 24 at Summerwood Park, Bristow Middle School on Minnesota in Brentwood.
- Please arrive about 5 minutes before your start time and allow extra time to park.
- Bring water for your child to drink, no cleats, no other equipment or balls.
- Once the warm up is done we call up teams by the number so that is how you find your team.
- The league is completely non- competitive with no score and the point being kids having fun during an introduction to sports.
- Although we use footballs, there is no contact or blocking at all in our league. So please let your child know not to tackle or be aggressive.
- Picture Day is Oct 8, teams will have their pictures taken in number order after the hour of play.
Parents need to be present the whole time; this is not a drop off program. You will be asked to help out and parents’ role is to be your child’s best fan, supportive and helpful. All activities happen on Saturday mornings, there is no other practice. We play rain or shine. Schedules will be given out the first class, and there is a link to the schedule on the website homepage
Here is the link to the info and schedule.
Biddy Soccer plays in Discovery Bay Saturdays through Oct 22 at Cornell Park from 10-11 am. The season is going great, come out and cheer our players on.
Our first soccer season in DB- thanks to our coaches, 40 players and their families! Check out the pictures on the Biddy Sports FB page.
Dates for 2017 are now posted. Still working on Discovery Bay, and things may change; but four seasons in Brentwood and two in Oakley are listed. See sport locations and timing, sure to sign up early! Plus there is now a link to the flyer so you can print it out and share with friends or your preschool. If you have questions email firstname.lastname@example.org
Biddy Sports is a non–competitive preschool youth sports program that began in 1993 serving East Contra Costa County in the San Francisco Bay Area. In the last decade over 7,500 boys and girls have enjoyed this great introduction to sports.The goal of the program is to provide preschoolers and their families a positive, non-competitive introduction to healthy sport activities.
Find out about upcoming programs, how to register, sign up to coach/volunteer, FAQ, send us alumni info, and more about volunteer opportunities. You can also contact us! Please visit us often.